Nick Smith

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Spina Beautiful Video for newly diagnosed families

The day we found out that Ruger had Spina Bifida was one of the hardest days of my life. I will never forget all the details of that day. My heart was broken into a million pieces. I couldn’t function. Nick and I researched as much as we could that night which is a horrible idea. I remembered seeing a little boy in a bumbo wheelchair on my FB feed. We got in touch with his parents and went and met him the next day. That is also a day I will never forget. I remember how sick to my stomach I was before we walked into their house and I remember how comforted I felt walking out. It made such a difference to meet someone with Spina Bifida. See it in real life and not have my imagination of what all the textbooks say. We were lucky enough to get together with some families that all have children with Spina Bifida and make this video to help newly diagnosed families.  It may not be the life that we had planned but it’s the perfectly imperfect life for us ❤️ #SpinaBifida #SpinaBifidaAwareness #SpinaBeautiful #iLoveSomeoneWithSpinaBifida #SpinaBifidaStrong #SpinaBifidaBaby #SpinaBifidaWarrior #PerfectlyImperfect  Please feel free to share to further spread Spina Bifida awareness ❤️ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2e2dNvfZpc&feature=share 

No comments:

Post a Comment